Saturday, October 26, 2013

Continuting to build a nutritional foundation

Well I went there. I fed my son sardines. There is not a single food that Bodie will not eat. Not. One. Single. Thing. I thought sardines might be it. Nope. He ate them like candy...then begged for more. Little did I know going into this what nutritional powerhouses they are!

Here is why they are superior to a lot of other healthy foods. They pack a lot bang for you buck in one little can.

  • More calcium and phosphorus than milk.
  • More Iron than spinach.
  • More potassium than coconut water or bananas.
  • As much protein as steak.
  • Great source of EPA and DHA Omega 3's
  • Super source of B12, Vit D3 and selenium
WHOA! Why aren't these promoted more often for growing babies!?! Or even adults!
 *Make sure you remove the tiny bones before feeding a baby.



Need I say more......


One word of caution...your baby WILL smell like fish the rest of the day. You've been warned ;)

Bo gets serious about his food. Look at this face as he eats meatballs and zucchini noodles-

Don't mess with my food!





I also wanted to update on our sleeping situation. Bodster has been sleeping GREAT with our new side of the bed contraption. He needs mama close still and he will reach out at night just to feel me. If he can touch me, he doesn't wake or will fall asleep pretty quickly. I have to admit, I love (ok, need) him there next to me just as much :) Of course we still have to rock and nurse to sleep for naps, but that is my most favorite time of the day. Especially because my little sweet boy falls asleep with his hand half way down my shirt. Love his little quirks!

 
It is a GORGEOUS weekend here in good ol Parker, Colorado so we have enjoyed some walks and found more fun in the leaves in our yard. After church tomorrow we get to celebrate one of our good friends birthdays as well as his little boys first birthday! How exciting!! Love that family :)

Make it a great weekend! God is GOOD!



1 comment:

  1. hmmmm... I"ll have to see what Cam thinks of sardines! Good to know. Did you cook them or just give them to him straight out of the can?

    ReplyDelete