Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Truly living in the moment

I remember when I would constantly strive for the next thing in life...in hopes that I would finally find myself and become truly happy. I never appreciated what was right in front of me, and I always had a lot to be grateful for; yet I was blind. I have always lived a life waiting for the next thing to happen so I could finally find that peace and happiness. Yet when I finally reached that moment, I was no happier than I was before except for a fleeting moment.

Finally, I realized a few years ago that the happiness is not in something that I am always waiting for, but it is within me already regardless of the situation in front of me. I didn't have to constantly strive for the next best thing to make me happy- a new job, graduating school, a new house, a new car, getting married, having a baby- none of that matters unless I am content with myself on the inside.

Now I am striving to live in the moment, for today. I don't need to keep striving towards the next best thing in order to be happy. I have an amazing family, a beautiful home, the ability to stay at home with my son, a fantastic group of friends, and a graceful relationship with Jesus. Really, what could I possibly strive for that would make me any more happy?? I have all I need today. Thank you God for all my blessings. I have to honestly say that becoming a mom has made me apprecite every moment for what it is. I fear missing any moments in Bodie's life so I declared when he was born that I would try to the best of my ability to give my son all of me in each day. I am not perfect by any means, but I am learning every day how to truly live in the moment.

Here are some perfectly good reasons why I love living for TODAY!

Night Night cuddles before bed
Cute little monkey butts in the air
Having fun with daddy in the morning
Cuddles with mommy when I dont feel good makes everything better
Social butterfly
I cant get over how cute that butt is!
Playing in the big boy bath for the first time
My favorite meal- beef stew with parsnips and carrots
Fun with grandpa!
Silly daddy
Love my new chair!













Random Elk crossing. The reason we live in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment