Friday, January 10, 2014

Catching up and my new goal

Wow, I have some catching up to do on here! With the Holiday season and just being busy with an active little man, I have found little time to devote to this blog. I think I will do most of the catching up through pictures since those are more fun anyway.

One other note I wanted to touch on was how I have been feeling. I can sum it up in one word: AMAZING! We have been getting consistent sleep which I think is helping a ton. But I am also devoting more time to myself which is helping me to be better grounded as a mom and wife. I spent most of 2013 completely devoted to Bodie and I put myself to the wayside. I did not have much energy to devote elsewhere, really. It took me a looooong time to recover from giving birth (I mean LONG time where I would get physically exhausted walking up stairs and my joints would just ache after a long walk); and at almost a year later, I am finally feeling back to my physical self. My body is not exhausted all the time and I have energy to put into myself now! What a great feeling!

Here are a couple ways I am taking time for myself:
  • back to the gym- starting to work out with weights again and doing more cardio
  • Walking more
  • Yoga 
  • Allowing others to watch Bodie so I can just have a couple hours to myself, outside the home.
  • More FUN reading, outside of parenting books
  • More husband and wife time with Andrew
  • Sleeping MORE :)
  • Meditation and prayer either in the morning or after Bodie goes to bed
  • Pamper myself on occasion- haircuts, massage, pedicure
  • Start to dress less "frumpy"
  • Spend quality one on one time with good friends
I always told myself I would not let being a mother consume me, but boy is it easy to do! I found myself wrapped up in Bodie and not taking enough time for ME. In doing so, I was getting irritable, on edge, and frustrated very easily. I could not figure out what was going on, until I realized I never take time out for me anymore. Now I am realizing that I need to take care of me in order to fully take care of my family. So here we go!!

"Helping" put the Christmas lights up!


About to attack mommy with a monster Bodie kiss!

Leaning the stairs. He can now climb up and down with no problem at all!

So happy to climb around

Snuggles with mommy after waking from a nap

LOVE watching the snow fall. This window is the perfect height for my viewing pleasure

Always happy on daddy's shoulders!

Cuddle bug getting sleepy

Morning look- first waking up and a bit grumpy. Thankfully he snaps out of this quickly with full on energy and laughter!

We hosted the Mino Christmas Party at our house this year. Fun times!

White elephant gift exhange


Standing in my new shoes!

Perfect size for me!

I can now open any drawer or door and pull whatever I feel like out of them. Especially mommy's clothes from her dresser :)



 MORE TO COME...... (rest of the pics are on my phone, which is being used for music while Bo naps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment